Today was the day! We went to the hospital in Provo to see our baby! Before we went to see our baby though I had come home from work and was at home looking online at some different ways to announce the gender of the baby. And I was thinking about whether I had really felt one way or the other. Chris had thought it was a boy bc I craved hotdogs and hamburgers one day at the beginning of my pregnancy. The only incling I had was also towards a boy bc I thought I was carrying it low. I had initially wanted a girl just bc I felt like I wouldn't know how to take care of a boy cuz I'm not one! My mom and crystal both said they thought it was a boy. Crystals reasoning was that she thought I'd be a good mom for a boy..not sure what that meant exactly. But then I thought, maybe a girl is harder! And as I observed some teenage girls in the dressing room of the Baptistry in the Provo temple I thought, yeah I don't want a teenage girl.
So with all this background as I sat looking at pink or blue filled cupcakes I thought, The Lord is gonna be funny and give me a girl now that I'm not sure I want one haha.
And sure enough when we saw the ultrasound (which was super cool for me! Made me wanna become a tech hehe) as we looked at the little bum the tech pointed out the umbilical cord, two or three white lines and a little empty spot.
ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!
I was a little shocked. I really I brought myself to think that it was a boy! But no, I get my own little darling girl! That I can put bows in her hair and dress her up in cute little outfits (but not TOO girly cuz I'm not a fan of the little girls that have everything pink, yuck!)
Chris and I are SO excited! I'm sure we would have been happy with either, but now that we know it's a girl I think we're already hooked ;).
Can't wait for this little angel to come into our lives :).
Pre-knowing whether girl or boy. Playing it safe wearing pink and blue hehe
Celebrating our little "peach" at Jamba Juice.
No comments:
Post a Comment