Tuesday, June 24, 2014

39 1/2 weeks!!!

6/24/14
Holy moly! I can't even believe I'm this far! I remember thinking and telling ppl about how I was due at "the end of June."  I wouldn't even say the exact day bc it was too far away. And now it's just around the corner! And things have been coming a long pretty well. The last three weeks I've been checked by one of the midwives I go to. Two weeks ago I was at about a 1.5 with 80% effacement. Last week the midwife (Dena) had a hard time finding my cervix. Apparently it was still posterior. But she did say it felt about like a 2. This week Dena checked me again and said that I was close to a 3 and that it was a little easier to get to. 
I kinda felt like she was just saying that to make me feel better cuz at first she didn't act like there was much of a difference. So I went home kinda sad bc I felt like she wasn't going to come until really late. Chris's parents are coming into town tomorrow and only staying until Monday. And my mom is hoping to go to Gabes baptism on the 5th of July. So...it'd be really nice if she came in the next couple days, but I guess we will see. Tonight I did have quite a few contractions that were kinda close and a little more intense...hopefully it's a sign ;)
C'mon baby Mae! Let's make it a June birthday!!

My sad swollen feet :(

As far as other things go, I've also had a bunch of swelling in my feet. Nothing serious, but just mostly annoying. The baby's also been very active! She likes to stick her leg out real far to the side. And a lot of times I feel like she does something to squish my bladder just enough to make me need to pee (no matter how long ago I had gone last). 
So even though annoying at times, I love the movement and I live knowing she's doing so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment