What a great day it has been! I really got the royal treatment today. I woke up from a rough night with Maelynn (most nights have been pretty rough so far. She eats more frequently and seems more fussy than during the day) and found that Chris and my mom had made breakfast burritos! Yum!
Throughout the day mom would watch Maelynn while I got an hour or two nap in. She's been here since yesterday afternoon and it's been such a blessing. She cleaned the whole house today and even went and got me a nursing bra as well as food for the BBQ we had tonight.
What a great mama!
Speaking of the BBQ. It was moms idea to invite everyone over tonight. I was a little nervous about having a bunch of ppl over but at the same time felt like I kinda needed to get out and it ended up being really fun!
Pa, Caitlin, Caree and kids as well as Kelly and kids all came. Chris grilled everyone's meat and everyone brought a side to share. It was fun to let the kids play on the playground and I even let a couple of them hold little Mae (after washing their hands of course).
Chris made a yummy mango-lime ice cream and they all sang happy birthday :)
It's been a rough past few days. I haven't gotten much sleep and my body is quite sore and swollen (I have a second degree tear and quite a few others as well). But I am so very grateful for the blessings I do have. For a great support system. A husband who loves and cares for us. For a baby who is so very healthy and active and is even breast feeding really well. Despite how hard it is now, I know it will get better and I'm enjoying the strength and energy I do have as well as all the sweet little moments I have with Maelynn.
The pretty flowers and sweet note my honey gave me :)

No comments:
Post a Comment