What a great thanksgiving day! This morning we got up bright and early and went and ran a 5k around the timpanogos temple. I am so out of shape!! But it was for a good cause so it was fun to be a part of it.
After the race we all just hung out (everyone but Caree and her family were here in AF today). Then we got everything ready for the feast at 3 :)
I invited our Brazilian friends and mostly just sat with them and chatted for most of the time. Tecla really enjoyed being with our family. She just thought it was so awesome when Pa called everyone's attention to go around and say what they were thankful for. All the grandkids were quite when he talked and she thought that was so awesome.
We also had two very important announcements after dinner. First was a puzzle we had to unscramble. And what it ended up saying was "Kennard grand baby #18 June 2015!" Crystal's pregnant again!
Then Caitlin got up and told everyone that for the past three months she's been thinking about a mission and pulled out the white envelope! She opened it and is called to serve in the Russia Rostov-na-Donu mission! Sweet!!! I was so excited and shaking all over for her! She will be a wonderful missionary. She will report to the MTC January 28.
As far as being grateful this thanksgiving I think the things I'm most grateful for at this time are:
My wonderful and helpful husband. He sacrifices so much for me to help me with the baby. He also is such a good example of patience and perseverance.
I'm also incredibly grateful that Mae is sooo healthy and strong and developing properly.
I'm also grateful for a loving family that welcomes strangers into their home. And just the great fun we have quoting movies and telling stories of our infancy

No comments:
Post a Comment