I am a Sunday school teacher in primary and today was my second time teaching. I was a little nervous but overall I think it went well. I usually teach the 4-7 year-olds but since today was the first week of the year we just got 4 sunbeams coming from primary (Rolf and Poppy Dixon, Lucy, Phineas Griffen) and we don't have a sunbeam teacher yet they all were in my class! Ah! But it went really well. They payed attention answered questions an even volunteered to help when I needed it.
Kids are so loving and so forgiving. My lesson wasn't the best nor were my questions but they love me anyway.
My quote for this week is one from Rolf. I was talking about the scripture that says we should hunger and thirst after righteousness. And asked them all what it meant to hunger and thirst. It meant that they had a growling in their tummy that would only be happy when they ate something. Rolf stood up and shouted, "I have a growling in my tummy!" Lifting his shirt up so we could all see what he was talking about. Haha
That was the second comment about his tummy hurting today. And later we told his dad about it and he said that his brother had been sick. Yikes! I'm just glad he didn't puke or anything! That would have made the lesson interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment