Friday, January 10, 2014

Temple shift

Tonight I got to go back to my temple shift! For the past six weeks or so the Provo temple has been closed for renovations so we've had to go to timpanogos and I haven't had a Baptistry shift in a while. 
Last night I was thinking about whether I wanted to go back or be released. At te time I wasn't feeling very good. Recently, I've been feeling sinus pressure and headaches as if I was coming down with a flu. So going to a 4 hour shift at the temple wasn't sounding so good. But like always when I went there tonight I just felt so good. And decided I'd stay as long as I can physically stand it. I love the women I work with there. Most of them are 60+ and it's fun to chat with them and see their perspectives and their life experiences. And the old men are fun to joke with. So it makes a great combination. Bro Mason likes to crack jokes. And the good one he gave me today was, "what did the mother buffalo say to her son as he left for school?" ---"bye son!" Bison! Get it?). Haha he's such a hoot. 
I obviously also like the patrons who come in. It's fun to see youth who are dedicated to serving in the temple. They bring such an awesome spirit to the temple and I love seeing their happy faces. 
Today was pretty dead though because it's been snowing pretty hard and it's also the beginning of the semester so I don't think ppl have quite figured out their schedules yet. 
Anyway needless to say I will miss the temple when I have to leave. But I'll enjoy it while I still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment