Sunday, March 2, 2014

Living in the moment

Two best parts of today:
First: relief society. Even though the lesson wasn't earth-shattering, I felt like it was a special little reminder for me. We talked about lessons we can learn while we are here at wymount that will help us to become more like the savior. I feel like this is a topic frequently discussed in our ward. People complain about the "cinder block castles" and how small they are. And I think a lot if us have this mentality of...once school is over life will be better. Once my husband gets a real job life will be better. But that's a silly thought and really just makes us miserable while we are here! When really we could be having the time of our lives here! 
So I think I'm going to try to become better friends with the women in this ward so that I can look back at this time with fondness and without regret. Many of us here (me included) have a hard time just randomly going over to someone's apt to visit them. As a single lady it wasn't very hard at all for me to do that! But now that we are married it is somehow so much harder. So I'd like to do better at that too. 

The second good thing today was when Caitlin came over and we made pizza and played games. I need to invite her over more often as well. After all, she's like a mile away from us! It was good to chat and just show her that we care about her. Sometimes I get so caught up in caring for friends or neighbors I forget that my family is really most important!! So gotta work on that too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment