Monday, March 10, 2014

Friends and Family

Tonight we had a great time going over to Dan and Jayrin Seegmiller's house. Jayrin and I were roommates before we got married and she is just such an awesome girl! She and Dan just had a baby (Gabe) in December. They were both finishing up their master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and trying to decide where to live. Dan is from St. George and Jayrin is from California, so I thought for sure that they would be living far far away from Provo. BUT come to find out just a little while ago, Dan got a job with Blendtec here in Utah County! So now they live in a nice little apartment in Provo and seem to be doing really well.

Since Dan is an engineer for Blendtec, they told him to take a blender home and try his best to break it. Haha, so they invited us over for smoothies and we tried to challenge the blender a little bit. We put a whole pineapple in it and it really struggled. All we got in the end was a tiny bit of juice at the bottom and a nice grilled hole. haha It was really fun. Katie and Gary Ellingson came too and we had a little thought and prayer as well to make it like a real FHE. What great friends! I hope we always keep in touch with them.

As for the rest of the week (for which I have not yet written)... Mica (Crystal's daughter) turned one this week on the 4th. Crystal is really good at going all out on stuff so of course there was a party. Crystal has been trying not to feed Mica sugar yet and so she made a cake with no sugar, no white flour, no butter, no oil. How? You might ask. Well she made everything out of coconut...basically: coconut flour, coconut butter, coconut oil and honey. Phil's family came over too and Crystal really didn't want us to tell them what the cake was made out of (cuz I guess they're kinda picky eaters), but it kinda slipped out when Camille was asking questions about it. They didn't make a big fuss though and honestly, I thought the cake was really good!

Mica was also really fun to watch. I think the best present was the balloons and the ribbon (even though those weren't really meant to be "presents" but hey that's how little kids are!) She was so cute holding her balloons and scootching all around the kitchen. She has this little crawl where she'll kinda crawl with one leg, but then slide the other (almost reminds me of a monkey--but much cuter of course!)

Friday we got to babysit Chris' cousin's baby (Benjamin Bailey). And all we really did was listen for him while he slept. So he slept two hours and then started crying and I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but to no avail. So we just stayed up with him and let him play a little (cuz he didn't really seem to want to do anything else).

Saturday we went and worked out at the BYU gym together and I decided that I need to stop making excuses for not working out. Yes, I'm 5 month's pregnant, but there are MANY things I am still able to do. I have been having a lot of pain in my left glute and I can't figure out what to do. So I made a goal to start doing prenatal pilates every morning. It's not a super tough workout, but I think it will help strengthen those muscles and better prepare me for delivery.

We also went to the temple and had a really good discussion afterwards. I decided that I would make a study guide for the temple. Meaning, that it would be a study of the scriptures that teaches me similar to what the temple teaches me. Soon, I won't be able to go to the temple as much because I'll be taking care of the baby, but I still want to learn from the things that are taught there. So far it's been a fun project to find the doctrines of the temple in the scriptures. (I knew they were in there all along ;))

Oh and last thing this week, I also finally finished a camping chair bag that I started last summer.  I think it turned out pretty good! And it got me motivated to start some other projects for baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment