Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Staying at Home

What a great day today was! Yesterday I was super miserable. We had gone to my parents house on Sunday for some of conference and for dinner. Mom was sick that day, but I didn't think much about it until that night I started feeling a little queezy myself. I don't think I've ever felt so miserable. I got out of bed at about 12:30 and threw up every couple of hours. I couldn't really even lay down without feeling like something was coming up. Sure does make I that to sleep when you feel like that!
So most of Monday I spent my time at home trying to feel better. I had called a nurse at my OBs office and she told me just to sip liquids and eat very small amounts frequently. I think I are a total of one muffin, one cup of soup, half a cracker and a bottle of powerade. That was the whole day!  But I kinda decided that starving was better than puking :)

So today when I woke up with so much energy and was feeling so much better I was extatic. And I got so much done!

I also started my new job with the dating websites. I've mostly been doing training and it's a good thing too bc there is soooo much to remember! But I do really like working from home and the fact that I get to catch frauds is actually pretty fun!

One last thing... We had general conference this weekend! Chantelle and her friend Kaylee came down from BYU-I and stayed with us for most of Saturday and Sunday. It was really fun to have them over. (Although a tiny bit stressful cuz I didn't really know their plans so we really didn't have a ton of food for them). 
Chantelle I think had a good time though. The three of them went hiking on Saturday and then she and chris played raquetball. I'm glad she is so excited to come visit us :)

As for conference, I felt like the main thing that was impressed upon me was the importance of the simple things. I came into conference wanting to hear about how I can be a good mom and have confidence in being a mother. So it's really no surprise that what I felt most impressed with was the idea of teaching my children and practicing with them the simple truths of the gospel, like being kind, or learning about the life of the savior. What a blessing it is to have living prophets on this earth! I know that what they say is truth and is for our good. Now on to trying to apply it in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment