Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weddings

4-25-14
Today my good friend and old mission companion and old coworker Mary Forste got married! She moved to OR last year to do a physician assisting grad program and apparently met this great guy named Chad Titmus. It's been kinda hard to wrap my mind around just because I have known her and/or been her roommate for so many years and I haven't even met this guy til today and she's marrying him!! But by the end of the day, Chris and I both agreed that we liked him and thought he was good for her. Plus she just looked so happy!

 It was a great day and great sealing. I think the thing that stood out most to me was how the sealer talked about the covenants we make in the temple and how they relate to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Enduring to the end is linked to the covenants in the endowment. He also said that we should be trying to apply the covenants we make to what we do everyday. That even getting dressed in the morning should remind us of those covenants. 

It was fun to be in the same temple almost a year after our sealing and to be reminded of the wonderful blessings The Lord has promised us. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband and that I can be with him and my family forever! What a sweet reminder that was for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment