Saturday, April 26, 2014

Temple shift

2-20-14 
Thursdays are now officially my busiest. I see kids almost every half hour and then I go to the temple for my shift in the Baptistry. Luckily not all my kids were there today so I got to take a breather. But then I also added a new kid named Thomas at Alpine elementary. Super cute kid. Not very high functioning as far as fine motor skills go, but still able to jabber a little bit back and forth with me. :)

As far as the temple goes my favorite parts were my conversations with two of the old men on my shift. Bro Johnson and I talked about babies and about running races. He apparently is Pas age and ran 4 half-marathons last year!  
Bro Morin and I talked about his long lost sister he didn't meet til 54 years. And I learned about the emergency button found under the recommend desk. 
I feel like I learn so much and gain so much perspective from these men!

Lastly, why is the first question, "have you picked out a name yet? (When I tell them I'm having a baby girl). Makes me feel a little pressure to know right away! So far we kinda like the names Madeline and Naaomi. But we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment