Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

5/17/14
I can't say that I am the best at coming up with creative ideas. In fact, I'm probably the worst especially when it comes to sentimental things.
The past while I've been trying to decide how we would celebrate our first anniversary. But I didn't really want to do things the way crystal does with the different things that represent each year. Like the first year is paper...exciting huh? 
But I thought that maybe taking Chris on a picture scavenger hunt with our new camera might be a good idea. 
But I didn't really have the time to put it together and I ended telling Chris about the idea anyway so I decided we would just go to a few of the places we've lived or where significant things have happened to us since we've been married. 
And well that didn't really happen either. Haha. But it was still a great day. In the morning we spent extra time in bed and then Chris made me some crepes for breakfast! He even went to the store and bought strawberries and even splurged on Nutella. Yum!!


Then in the afternoon we went to Alta apartments where we met and built a sand castle just like we did on our first date. Then in the evening we were going to go to the timpanogos temple, but it was closed for cleaning!! So instead we took some names and did sealings at the Provo temple. 
The sealer was awesome. He was a Samoan guy that was very sweet and said it like it was. Haha. He made sure that I was feeling ok. (Those poor sealers have way too many girls faint on them). And most of the time I actually felt better kneeling than I did sitting in the chair at times. 
Periodically he would ask a little about each couple. We were at the alter and he say to Chris, "Tell me about the young lady across from you." And Chris responds, "Well, she's my wife." Haha silly boy. But then he told him about the baby coming at the end of June and that today was our anniversary. He congratulated us on the coming baby and emphasized how we were keeping the commandment that was given to Adam and Eve. He said that the world has turned away from that commandment and that our church is the only one that believes that it still applies to us. 
The other two couples that were with us didn't have kids yet. He made sure they knew it was a commandment too :) in a very tactful way of course. 

Coming out of the temple I just thought, that was the best way we could have celebrated our anniversary. Remembering those covenants we've made and the awesome blessing The Lord has for us if we are faithful. And needless to say, after all the sealer said tonight, Chris and I really felt like were doing a pretty good job. What a blessing to have been sealing in the temple and to have one so close we can go back and remember those covenants any time we like. 

After the temple we went out to dinner at chilis. Not the most amazing food, but a great waitress who like our silly napkins (Chris had ribs so his was tucked in his collar and I am pregnant so I put mine on my baby bump ha). But the thing I remember most about tonight at dinner was when Chris just stopped and looked at me, in such a serious way, and said, "Corinne, I love you so much. This year has been the best year of my life." It's hard to describe the somber and sincere look on his face, but I almost felt kinda caught off-guard. What a wonderful man I have!!! And he's mine forever! I hope I always feel the way I feel about him now. I love him with all my heart and want him to do so well and be so happy. It's awesome to see that as time goes on our love just keeps growing for one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment