Today we went to our second class of Lamaze. We are taking it from intermountain healthcare and really liking it so far. A nurse teaches it and for me it's just been really interesting to see her point of view on things and to learn a little more about the way labor and birth physically happen and all the little details (sometimes it makes me miss school a little).
We've watched a few videos of women and their coping techniques and finally births and every time I see that baby come out I get all choked up inside. It really is such a spiritual experience!
I can't say that I'm not nervous though. Last night I had a bit of a break down with Chris. Worried if I would be able to do it and worried if he would really be able to support me. (Oh the ups and downs of pregnancy emotions) But tonight I really felt like we are both invested in learning as much as we can and so I think when the time comes that we will both have an idea of how to cope with it. And as we talked about it I decided that I want to go for a natural birth without an epidural. Sounds crazy I know, but I really think I could do it. So I'm gonna try for it an unless I run into something I just really don't think I can handle I won't do an epidural. I just gotta remember to work with my body and not against it. Here's hoping I can do it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment