Every once in a while I get down on myself and very emotional in regards to the responsibilities I currently have and those that I'm about to encounter.
Today was one of those nights. Chris and I were planning on going to the temple an I really just didn't want to go (and I don't think Chris wanted to either). But we did anyway and what a great experience it was. We went and did Initatories. And while I can't say that it was some miraculous experience, I can say that I felt a peace that The Lord would bless me physically and that it was important to remember and use the atonement.
When we got out of the temple we both just felt so good! And so grateful for each other! Sometimes I think Chris is much too good for me. I have so much to work on when it comes to being more selfless and service minded like he is. And yet he feels so blessed to be married to me too! How awesome is that?!
When we got home he gave me a blessing of comfort. And again, I was told to trust in The Lord and his timing. That there is a purpose behind everything The Lord does (I've been a little frustrated that the baby hasn't come yet. She's due tomorrow!). I was also reminded to use the atonement and know that The Lord loves me and trusts me and will help me to raise one of his choice spirits. :)
What a great responsibility we have as parents! I am SO grateful for the knowledge that we are not on our own. That we are teaching and caring for HIS children and he WILL give us the guidance we need. He will not let us fail as we earnestly seek his help and guidance. The blessing also stated that I shouldn't be hesitant in asking help from my husband or family. They are a blessing that Heavenly Father has put there for a reason. (I do often forget to ask for help when I need it and just decide to suffer through it on my own--needlessly really.)
So...I'm praying for patience and for strength from The Lord. This week may seem like forever as I anxiously wait her arrival, but hopefully I can take this time to draw closer to The Lord and learn to utilize the help He and others offer me.
No comments:
Post a Comment