Saturday, July 26, 2014

3 weeks!

7/26/14
Just a quick entry... 
Apparently I've been kinda busy with a baby! I haven't written for over a week. And well, it's true! Mama-life is hard work! 
Mae and I have been having quite the fun but exhausting time. Breast feeding has gone really well (just pumped for the first time at home today!) and Mae is definitely reaping the benefits! At her two week appointment in Monday she weighed 9lbs 12oz!! Almost 2 lbs above her birth weight! (They say the goal is to get them back to their birth weight at 2 weeks!!)
Chris and I have had some adjustments. But overall, we're doing really well. I'll occasionally ask him to help me with her in the middle of the night when she's already been fed and is just fussy and he's always willing. Same as when he comes home from work, he's great at picking her up and spending some time with her. It's great to see him interact with her. 
As far as Mae herself. She's starting to get a little blue hue to her eyes. She smiles quite a bit (at least 3x a day I'd say). It's the best when she saves her smiles for when daddy gets home! She's eating like a champ and sleeping almost to a pattern :) One of my favorite things that she does right now is that she coos. Not a lot, but after she's fed and changed and is a happy girl she'll try and chat a little with us! I also like the way she kinda grunts when she eats. With each sick, a little grunt. She's also really likes falling asleep face down on my chest (of course her head is turned). It's a special feeling to have her so close to me and she'll usually like to be grasping one or two fingers too--cutest thing EVER!!

I'm still very exhausted and the 90-100 degree weather doesn't really help in our swamp cooled apartment. I think that's been my hardest adjustment--not having strength to do what I want or even need to. I just have to keep believing that, like everyone says, it'll soon get better. 
Mae at 3 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment