Well it's almost July 3rd and little baby McCleve still isn't here! She was due on the 29th but I haven't really had many contractions or any other signs of progress.
So yesterday I went in to the midwives and they checked me like normal. I was at about a 2.5 with 70% effacement. Last week I was close to the same. So I was a little sad that no progress was showing. (Although I did have a Bishops score of 7 rather than the 5 I had last week). She also striped my membranes in hopes to get things going, but nothing...I had a couple contractions, but not very painful. Chris and I even took a nice long walk around the mall, but still nothing!
The midwife scheduled me for an induction on Monday morning. I'm still not sure how I feel about being induced with petocin, but I thought I'd make the appointment anyway.
Today I went in again and they stripped my membranes again. It seemed a little more abrasive this time (I think she just did a more thorough job this time). She said I was at a 3 and that my cervix was quite soft and at about 80%! (Bishops score of 9)
And today I think I lost my mucus plug (which may mean labor starts in the next day) but have only had a handful of contractions.
I just can't stand the waiting anymore!! I just want to take the pain and bring her here! Have all the anticipation and fear over with.
But I know I need to be patient cuz it will be well worth it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment