Today was daylight savings so we got an extra hour of sleep! (And yes the baby actually slept that extra hr!!)
We also fasted and prayed about quitting my job. I just let thinking back to a day a while back when I listened to a talk from conference, Elder Godoy. And I just felt like I should quit my job. When we talked about it this afternoon I told Chris how I felt and he responded with his concerns for whether we would have enough money to pay for his teeth and still have enough without me working.
It kinda disappointed me bc I felt like, "if this is the right thing then the Lord will provide." And even though I hadn't thought a ton about the numbers I did feel that it was right, so why did he and I keep landing on different pages??
Later tonight after working Chris sat down with me and told me that he had been selfish. And had not been thinking about this spiritual decision with a spiritual perspective. As far as he was concerned he felt it was ok to quit. We would be okay. I felt relieved!
Other lessons I learned during my fast today...as I thought about my job and how hard it has been to have a baby and work at home. I thought, if I am supposed to quit, why now? Why didn't the Lord tell me in the interview that this wouldn't be a good idea? Then the thought occurred to me, because you would always wonder if it would have been better. I now know that being a mom is super hard work! I used to think I could do both, work and be a mom. But I know now that the work force isn't all it's cut out to be! (That and I wasn't doing what I love to do, it was just a job). I tried my best and I've done really well! I've gotten to a point where I'm good at my job and even pretty good at balancing it with the baby. But I just don't feel like I am giving her all that I can. I feel held back in my progression as a mom and also in my personal progression (with the interests and talents I have). I know that I won't have TONS more time by quitting, but I promise that I will take those 20-30 hrs per week and develop myself as well as strengthen my family more. I don't want anything controlling my schedule with my family and I'm glad I've learned that lesson. And glad I've had the opportunity to slowly go into unemployment ;)
The other lesson I learned today was when I bore my testimony. I testified of the little daily practices of the gospel. I talked about my companion Sayonara Ferreira and how she, one of the strongest missionaries I knew went inactive. And how it was by ceasing to do all those little things like scripture study and prayer and church that caused her to get pulled away. I pray that I can help her see the importance of those little things again. That it is for the love of God and Jesus Chris that we do them. Because we know it will bring us closer to them and bring us greater happiness.
I know that the second coming is fast approaching. The Lord is hastening his work, but so is the enemy. All we need to do is put on our armor every day and we will be protected!! I hope I never forget the importance of this and that my testimony continues to grow and be strengthened for when the enemy tries to attack me.
No comments:
Post a Comment