Yesterday I have a FHE lesson on repentance. And the more I thought about it and as Chris and I discussed it. I realized that I need to change. I get so easily frustrated with Mae when she is cranky and I don't want to be that type of mom! Right now she doesn't even do things on purpose. Sometimes she's just trying to explain how she feels. What's gonna happen when she's a teenager and does things, not only knowingly, but on purpose! I need to learn patience and control NOW when things are easier.
One thing Chris and I talked about, concerning repentance is that it is change. And more often than not it is gradual change. It is a change that we can ask the Lord to help us with both day and night. And this is what I did today. I made a conscious effort to look at how I reacted to Maes fussing. Even when I had to work and Chris was gone and she was super cranky/tired I was able to stay calm and what could have been a really frustrating experience became a great one!!
I want to be a happy person for Chris when he gets home, but recently it's been the opposite and it seemed like everyday Chris came home to a frazzled frustrated mommy wanting him to just take the baby while she got something done. No sweetness. No "I missed you baby."
Of course he doesn't complain about it, but I do want him to feel peace at home. Not turmoil. And I think my focus on the good will help that happen
No comments:
Post a Comment