Christmas Day! And what a fun day it's been. This year we are here in Snowflake Arizona with Chris's family and so far it's been really nice and pretty relaxing.
We got here on the 20th. It was Mae's first long car ride and she did really well! I think we only stopped 2-3 times. I thought that was pretty good anyway.
We've been able to spend some time with Melinda and her kids who live in Heber AZ because it's only 30 minutes away. They are so much fun! And have been so sweet with Mae :)
Maria and Jordan are also here from California and their three boys have loved the extra attention and extra tickling and chasing around the house haha.
This morning was fun and surprisingly Chris, Mae and I were the first ones up! Err, at least up for reals. Mae still wakes at 12am, 4am and 7 am. But Maria's boys didn't get up til 8:30!! And Melindas family didn't come over until later in the day so it was just us and the Mosers.
It was super fun to see them open their presents though. They got some great stuff! As did we. We were soooo spoiled this year! I think Mae's favorite were the maracas that grandma Candy gave her.
Chris got a TON of tools and I got a nice robe, personal training book and Photoshop!! We also got a great big gallon jug of honey! We will never run out again! ;)
Even though it's kinda weird to now be the ones that are in charge of Christmas. I think the thing that hit me the most this Christmas was how blessed we are. As I sat in the rocking chair in the guest house at 4 this morning, feeding Mae, I looked at all those presents under the tree and was just amazed. I hope my children always remember how blessed they are. I hope I can remember how blessed I am. I have a wonderful family who is healthy and strong. A husband who loves and provides. The gospel that brings me peace, knowledge and understanding. And parents, in laws, siblings and friends that all support me in my pursuits to be a good mom and develop myself and my talents.
I'm so grateful for this time of year and the opportunity to reflect and give thanks! I'm so grateful for my savior who makes all of this possible! And for his great love that gives me the opportunity to be better each day :)








No comments:
Post a Comment