Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Bradford girls

6/3/15

Well, we have now been in Arizona for 3 days and we finally have internet! Haha. But seriously! It's been kind of a pain having to look at a bunch of stuff on my tiny phone, so it's nice that we  can start working on the computer again. Especially with looking at houses.
Speaking of which, we looked at a few houses yesterday and the day before and I just really felt like they were either too small and run down, or in a sketchy part of town. I talked to Chris about how I felt and we decided that we really can afford to pay more on our mortgage (we've been real frugal in looking under the $150s). So we told our realtor to start sending us houses that were under $200,000 and woah did that increase the pool from which we've been looking at! We are hoping to go look at a few tomorrow if all goes well with the tenants that live in them. Here's a pic of one that I'm really liking right now. Cute huh?

Other crazy events of the past few days....
First of all it is so HOT here! It's been hitting 100 or 105 the past few days and it's killing me! It had been raining a lot in Utah right before we left, so I was so used to nice cool afternoons. Now I walk out the door and it's like I'm in a sauna! (except dry...) Chris and I took Mae with us to look at houses the past couple of days and we had some bad luck with our AC going in and out. Chris took it into the shop, but apparently no problems that they can see. Maybe my car is just having a hard time adjusting to the heat as well. 

We've also been spending a lot of time with Aunt Chris and her three grandkids, Cameron, Jolie and Kira. It's been a little hard for me... When Aunt Chris said she was going to nanny for Alissa this Summer I thought that would mean that she would be over at their house most of the time and that we would have the house to ourselves. Well, let's just say it's the other way around. Alissa works 7pm to 7am three days in a row. So the girls just stay here with their grandma. They are cute girls, but they don't really like to listen and are kinda disrespectful with things that aren't theirs (maybe this is how all kids are and I just don't remember it? Probably because I'm not around them 24/7). This morning Aunt Chris woke up with a big headache, so Chris and I basically had to get the girls breakfast and try and entertain them. And I hate to admit it, but I had kind of a bad attitude and thought, "I didn't sign up for this!" I don't want 4 kids until I have to have 4 kids lol. I do think that a lot of their attitude probably comes from having such an unstable life with both parents gone so much. But I also think that it's the Summer time and school is out so they need things to occupy their time and keep them busy. 
Luckily Aunt Chris got feeling better and got the girls started on some art/sewing projects. And they did a great job! I was especially impressed with the sock owl that Cameron sewed together. It turned out so cute. 

We've also been running a lot of errands and I am getting a little more familiar with the area. We got a storage unit and Chris' car finally came today! So now we have two cars again! I also found two dressers for super cheap on the Chandler yardsale FB page. It was awesome! Front the woman's comments, it looked like she spoke Spanish, so I had Chris call her up and she offered us two dressers for $30!! They aren't perfect, but they are pretty darn good! I think the worst thing about them is that they kinda smell funny. Hopefully a little airing out does the trick there.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about all that's going on. It's really not been bad at all. We are very fortunate to only be paying $500/mo to Aunt Chris to stay here with her. I just wish we had our own place. And it's kinda scary buying a house and trying to figure out all the big kid things we'll be paying for. I'm excited and am liking the fact that we can "start over" but I also miss the simplicity of how it was. And I most definitely miss the 60-70 degree weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment