Sunday, April 24, 2016

Monthly Update



4/24/16

Well, I guess it's about time for the monthly update. Someday, I swear, I get good at writing in my journal again. For now, you'll just have to take what you can get! ;)
So, the last time I wrote, we had just found out that baby is a girl! Woo hoo! And I will admit, although I am super excited, I haven't been prepping for this baby nearly as much as I did with Mae. But I think that's pretty normal, right? We have been looking at a few names though...I've got a list going, but nothing that we are completely decided on. I really like the names, Catherine (or Katherine or Cathryn), Naomi and Evelyn. But I think we'll keep looking for now.

I also ended up going to a specialist (maternal-fetal medicine) to have a follow-up ultrasound on baby. They had suspected some sort of septum in the uterus and after almost an hour of the ultrasound tech searching and searching (and having me do some toe-touches to see if baby girl would put her belly up) they found a couple of things. First, the wall or separation in the uterus actually appears to be more of some web-like adhesions or scar tissue. The Dr suspected that it was probably from after my D&C (as I had suspected!) because it wasn't there with my last pregnancy. She believes that it shouldn't interfere with the growth and health of the baby, but would still like to see me again in 6 weeks. Overall, it was just a better more comforting visit. Even though she kinda said similar findings to what Dr. Sodoma had said...the way she approached it was LOADS better. She left it very open for me to ask any questions and discussed them all with me in detail. She didn't just tell me, "It'll be fine, don't worry." I hate that kind of response. Just tell me all the details! INFORM me! I will feel more at peace if I'm informed by you than by the internet. Just FYI.

But I'll get off my soapbox. The other finding was a very small calicification in the heart. Apparently this can be a sign of down syndrome. I've already had a blood test that came back negative for down syndrome, but the Dr. said I could do a more specific test if I wanted to, just to make double sure. We have yet to do it, but probably will.

For Easter we went up to Snowflake to spend time with the McCleves. Chris had both Friday and Monday off, so it was a nice long weekend we were able to spend with them! We did some practice egg hunting with Mae on Friday and she LOVED it! She did such a great job at spotting them and gathering them. Then on Saturday we went to the city's egg hunt and saw Keith and Liz and the kids there! They split us up into age categories, so Mae was with all the little ones, but it was still crazy! I think the adults got into it a little more than the kids did.


Easter morning Anna set up some candy-filled eggs in the living room before church (and breakfast). Once she discovered that those little balls inside the eggs were actually edible and totally sugary she just plopped herself down and was ready to stop the hunt and just snack. Haha! It was so cute. (And we then had to make sure the eggs were hidden atop the counter for the rest of the day...)


This past weekend we went to the aquarium in Tempe and had an awesome time showing Mae all the fun fish! They had quite the assortment...jelly fish, sharks, sea turtles, rays, and even a tank with only 'Finding Nemo' fish! She had a blast! And I learned that she knows the word shark! Surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment