Well, today was the day! We had the anatomy ultrasound for baby number two! And after quite a while of searching, because baby was rolled up in a ball almost the entire time...we saw those two little lines--and knew that it was a girl! We are so excited for Mae to have a little sister. I wasn't really dead set on one or the other, but now we know it's another girl it just seems right :)
As far as how she's doing...well she is normal size, normal heart rate and body parts all look normal. However, the ultrasound tech said that there was some sort of wall in my uterus separating the baby from a small portion of the rest of the uterus. I have noticed she sits quite a bit on the right side so it makes sense. But it does have me a bit worried about whether she will be restricted because of the small space.
When we got home I read up on a few things. And learned that adhesions can often form after a D&C (which I had two weeks after Mae). But often they will prevent someone from getting pregnant and have to be removed. So I'm not sure if that's what happened, but if it was it's a miracle I've carried the baby this far.
It could also be something I've had since birth and possibly had with Mae. Although, I don't understand how they wouldn't have seen it in my anatomy ultrasound with her.
I have an appointment with my dr in two days so I'll have to talk with her about it then.
Besides that little worry we are feeling very excited to welcome another beautiful girl and hopeful that all will go well!
Continuing tradition of getting a pink treat to celebrate our little girl coming soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment