Wow, what a day! And past couple of days actually, but we'll start with today.
It's been 3 years!!! Happy anniversary to us! As I pondered on the past three years with this stud I thought to myself, they haven't been perfect, but because of Chris they have been wonderful! I have learned so much from him--his patience and how good he is at keeping his cool even when I'm not very nice. He truly has been the anchor in this relationship and I hope to follow his example and be a little better each day.
This year we decided that the gift we would give ourselves would be the new bed we got a month or so ago (since we spent so much on it). But the more I thought about it the more I still really wanted to do something small for Chris. So Mae and I went shopping this afternoon and got him some velvet hangers (this was from a funny argument we had the other day over this one velvet hanger we had taken from my moms and that he had hung 4 pairs of pants on. Apparently the rest of the hangers were just not strong enough for him, so when I went to borrow it for a robe I was sewing it was like the end of the world! Okay, not really. We were both laughing about the situation, yet we're both still pretty serious about how we felt about it.)
I also got him some energy bars for work since sometimes they are so busy they don't have time to take a lunch. And I filled a jar with 1243 candies to signify how many days I've loved him (since December 20, 2012--when I told him). It was fun to do something sweet for him :)
Then tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. Usually I feel so guilty for not being a very great member missionary when they come over. And today I still felt that, but I had a renewed determination to do better. So I told the missionaries to follow up with us on our idea to invite the Gowers over to get to know them better.
Which leads me to the way I've been feeling the last few days. Sunday I felt very strongly that I needed to do better in a lot of areas of my life, but most importantly my spiritual life. I'm not the person I want to be. I want to be organized in what I do--and not just in having to do lists and marking them off, but more like having purpose. I really feel that I've been lacking purpose lately and that has made me quite lazy. Lazy in my scripture study, lazy in keeping the house clean, lazy in my efforts to make friends and reach out to others...etc. That's really not the person I want to be! I want people/my kids to look back and see that mom really knew who she was and what she wanted from life. That she loved learning and progressing and always seemed to be finding something new to master.
I've felt strongly that getting up at the same time every day will be a good start to building this awareness--this determination. And so far it's been really great. I feel like I have a little more control over what happens in the day. I wake up usually before Mae and am able to have some good thinking and planning time. And I really feel like this could be a good path to lead me where I want to go and to be the person I want to be.
I'm sure I'll write more on this later, but for now I've got to get my husband to stop snoring and get some shut eye myself :)
From our date last week at Top Golf. I'm so in love with this man!!

No comments:
Post a Comment