Chris is at scout camp this week. Tonight's the third night and I've really missed him. I knew I would, but it's just been an eye opener to how much I love an appreciate him and all he does for our family. But not only that, I also just really miss his company. Being with him, talking with him.
These past few days have then obviously been just Mae and me. Which sometimes is hard, especially being pregnant and feeling super exhausted. But I've also had some great moments with her that I just wish I could freeze and keep forever...
Like the moment today where we were eating lunch and I was humming nonsense and she started singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam." We sang it together (well...she sang sunbeam every time and some of the other words like "him", "home", "school" and "day.") So adorable! And how she'd ask to sing it again. :) I LOVE these times.
I also just want to say, my heart melts when at night or at nap time I rock her to sleep and sing her a lullaby (or 10) and right before I go to put her down I whisper, "I love you" and she whispers it right back to me. And even more so when she just says it out of no where. Wish I could just bottle that cute little "I yov you" and keep it forever.
I'm so grateful to be a mom and especially to be able to stay at home. Which is interesting to hear me say because it's something I struggled a lot with the past two years. And although there's never a day that's perfect I really feel like the Lord has changed my heart and opened my mind to the beauty of this trying, yet very rewarding, job. I still desire to develop myself and my talents, but I no longer wonder if I should go back to grad school or try and get a "real job." That doesn't mean that I will never work another job, it just means I finally feel at peace with the path I chose. I love being home with Mae and all the time we get to spend together. Who knows what the future will hold, but for now I'm going to cherish every moment I have with her :) (or at least the sweet moments lol)

No comments:
Post a Comment