Sunday, July 10, 2016

Birthday Cheer

7/10/16

What an awesome weekend! On Friday I turned 29 and got SUPER spoiled! 
I woke up to the smell of a yummy omlet breakfast. And even got to sleep a little longer cuz Chris got Mae out of bed and eating breakfast. 
That day Mae and I went to the Drs. Where everything was again looking normal and she told me no more traveling! Which frankly, I was hoping she'd say because Chris has been wanting to go to the McCleve reunion at the end of July and I really don't want to travel or sleep in a tent when I'm 38 weeks pregnant. Chris thought for sure that I had persuaded her. So I had to convince him that it really was all her! I didn't have any sway on the advice she gave me. So yay! I can sleep in my comfy bed til baby comes!

That afternoon Mae and I also went shopping and found an awesome sale at Old Navy and Carters. So ironically enough, I found myself spending some money on Mae for MY birthday! But she's really been needing some new clothes seeing as most of them are 18 month size and she really is almost in 3T. 😯

That night Chris made subs for dinner. (I said I wanted something cool and refreshing--it's been over 100 recently and it's just too hot for any warm food!) Then he made some brownies which was probably the best entertainment I've had in a while. He put candles in while the brownies were still hot and then tried to light the candles as they were slowly melting into the brownies. I laughed so hard! Luckily there weren't 29 candles or we really would have had a big pile of wax!
We watched a movies at home together that night and then went to a play on Saturday. It was West Side Story at the Hale Center Theatre. And it was pretty good! Some amazing singers and fairly good actors ;) I will say that I didn't get up to give a standing ovation although many people did. I guess it's one of my pet peeves. I don't give a standing ovation unless the show is SO GOOD that I just can't stay in my seat any more. I feel like a lot of people just follow the crowd when they give a standing ovation. Standing ovations shouldn't be given out like candy! Don't they know!? Lol

Chris was so sweet on my birthday, and this weekend in general. He not only got me CHACOS!!!!! But he also got me a dozen roses, chocolate, some clothes (that are still on their way--and not maternity clothes so that I actually have something to cute to wear after baby comes), AND a check for $250 to go towards a road bike...eventually. I couldn't believe how much he did for me!! He said it was because I don't often get spoiled and he really wanted to make me feel special. I sure did!!


No comments:

Post a Comment