Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Kennard Helpers

8/17/16

Today marks one day after Kay's original due date. And she's already 2 1/2 weeks old! Pretty crazy how time is flying by so quickly!
(Kay basking in the sun while Mae swam with Grma, Caitlin and the girls at the Bradford's pool today)

A week ago on the 9th Caitlin came home from her mission in Russia and the next day, she and Mom headed down here and got here at about 9pm. They have been here ever since and will be leaving on Saturday. They have been a HUGE help to me and awesome lifesavers. I wasn't sure what kind of RM Caitlin would be, but for the most part it feels to me like she never even left! She's very much the same Caitlin. (I had to chuckle a little today when I saw her with a list of things her companions had told her about--YouTube videos she's missed, popular songs...etc. That was the last thing on my mind when I came home! We are very different people). She's spent a lot of time on the computer, but has also been great at entertaining Mae and helping lift her in and out of her high chair. 
Mom had been a great help with getting Mae out of bed in the morning and making breakfast. She also just can't help herself from organizing my house. Lol. For the most part it's been really helpful. It just makes me a little nervous at times that she might put something away and I won't find it. Or she'll toss something that I didn't want her to. But so far my house is staying quite tidy and meals are taken care of each day, so that's good! 
Last weekend we went to Alissa's and got to spend some time with her family as well as Aunt Chris. She had been watching the girls while Steve and Alissa were out of town. I think it was most fun for my mom to see her sister and fun for us to hear a few stories about them growing up. (Like the time my mom was just a toddler and was having a fit about something and was hitting her head on the ground. Chris was so concerned about her baby sister, but her mom just told her to leave her be and she'd stop. She still tried to help her feel better any way. She also said she's never had an argument with my mom. I'm not super surprised by that, though. My mom is a pretty chill/passive personality.)

On Monday we went to a splash pad. Mom and Caitlin got to experience Mae's timid nature firsthand. I don't think they were expecting her to be so shy of all the water spouts and dumping buckets, but I think they still had a fun time with her. 

Tonight, Chris and I finally got to go out! We went to Denny's and then to Golfland to play mini golf. The food was great and the game was fun. I pretty much annihilated him! 51 to 74. But we both got a good laugh out of it and just loved spending the time together. (The course was pretty cool too. We even had a couple of little froggy friends along the way!) I sure love that awesome husband of mine!







No comments:

Post a Comment