Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Life with two kids?

8/9/16

Today would have been the day. My baby is now over a week old and today would have been the day we were planning on a c section. That's so crazy! And we still have a week to go before my actual due date. 

A week has gone by and we are doing pretty well. Anna is still here and is still such a huge help to me. She's been cooking and freezing dinners for me like crazy and been the main one to make sure Mae has been getting the attention and care that she needs. I realized today that I'm really gonna have a big adjustment in a couple weeks when both she and my mom have gone back home. I really hope I'm able to take care of my girls like I need to. 
Kay has been getting better at nursing. The past day or so I've been using a nipple shield because her latch was just too painful and it's helped out a lot! She doesn't get as exhausted by trying to latch and I don't suffer the pain! 
We're still watching the Olympics, which had been fun, but also a little unhealthy for us, seeing as we stay up past 11 or 12 each night. It's just so addictive to watch! And they have all the best competitions showing after 6pm til about 11. Tonight we watched Micheal Phelps take the gold in the 200m breaststroke as well as the USA 4x200m freestyle relay. The women's gymnastics (the Final Five) also rocked it and took the gold in the combined team events. 

Tonight I was also able to sneak a peek at my little sister coming home from Russia. Caitlin came home from her mission and I was sad I wasn't there to see her, so I did the next best thing and FaceTimed my mom so I could be part of the excitement. (Although...my mistake, I called my moms phone and so when Caitlin showed up I didn't really see much of her coming down the hall and hugging my mom...instead, I just saw blurry moving around phone and a nice shot of my moms shirt. Lol)
But she's home and she looks so happy and good. I'm just so excited that she'll be coming down here to visit soon! Yay!






No comments:

Post a Comment