She's a week old and I can barely believe it! Time has just flown by! We came home from the hospital Wednesday morning and I'm glad we had taken that extra day. For a little while I kinda felt like a couple of the nurses were expecting us to go home on Tuesday. But I'm glad we got another counsel with the lactation consultant as well as just getting a little more rest and recovery.
We came home that morning and had a bit of a tiring day. It was such a huge relief to have someone bring us dinner that night. And it was soooo delicious too! It was a fettuccine with really yummy white cheese with bacon, chicken and broccoli. Even the garlic bread was delicious. Not sure what it was but it looked like paprika or something.
We had dinners brought Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Anna came Wednesday night and has been such a great help! I still don't feel completely comfortable with her. Mostly because I just don't know her very well still. (She seems to be very happy on the outside to me...and I'm not sure how she really feels about things.) Most of all she's been really great at taking care of Mae. I can't get her out of and into her bed and high chair. So she's been doing the "heavy lifting" for me. As well as just getting her breakfast in the morning and entertaining her in the afternoon so I can squeeze in a nap. She's also started making dinners for us and had made double for triple so that we can freeze some and have it for later. What a blessing!!
We also had some visitors Friday and Saturday! David and Jocie came down Friday night and we chatted and watched the olympics. It was really fun to have them, but I should have been a little more wise and gone to bed earlier. This whole waking up every few hours is really starting to wear me out. Kay is doing a little bit better at breastfeeding, but her latch is still not 100% on. So it's been hurting and sometimes takes me a while to get her to latch. It's been a very different experience from Mae. (She latched so easily I could just nurse her lying down and then she'd stay asleep after I put her in her crib.) Kay is starting to sleep a little better in the crib, but about half the night I'm still cosleeping with her because I'm just too tired to try and put her down, get up, bounce her to sleep again, put her down again...etc.
But anyway, David and Jocie were great and even made us a breakfast casserole in the morning and cobbler Saturday night. We watched the Olympics most of Saturday day and Jocie and I tried to do some newborn pics of Kay. But she was pretty fussy and I was pretty exhausted after all was said and done. Hopefully we at least got a couple of good ones when we had her swaddled and comfy.
I think it was also really good for David and Jocie to be able to see a little bit of the newborn life. Lol. They had some good questions about her birth and the c section. Their baby boy is due in about a month so they've got this path not too far ahead in their future. :) I really love Jocie and feel like she and I really get along really well. We have quite a bit in common and even though she's quite a bit younger than me, most of the time I don't feel much of an age gap. So glad David married someone I like! (Now if we can just get Dustin and Koster to do the same!)
Dustin and Verl came down and Saturday and just stayed for the day and left that night. It was good to have a couple more people meet Kay. And good that there weren't any awkward moments with Dustin (sometimes I just feel like he doesn't get women at all and can sometimes ask or do some awkward stuff. Hopefully that changes once he gets married!)
Oh, and we also had a visit from Devin and Melinda on Thursday. And had a good chat with them. And made them a little baby hungry, I think. Lol.
Today I stayed home from church and got some pretty good rest in the morning. We watched a few church movies and Kay even slept in her crib for a few hours! Success!
So far I've been feeling pretty good physically. I've gone off Percocet (cuz it was clogging me up and not really helping all that much with the pain) and am just taking Ibuprofen. It seems to help quite a bit with the swelling and throbbing pain I've had in my abdomen. I'm trying not to do too much. And I think Anna thinks I do. But emotionally, I've got to do SOMETHING or I'll just go crazy! So I tidy here and there and do a bit of laundry and make the bed. That seems to help me feel a little better and not so useless like a bump on a log. Hopefully we can get out of the house once or twice this week to help me feel even better!
Also, Mae is still doing really well with Kay. She loves to point out when she's crying. "Baby Kay kwy-neen (crying)" She also loves to give her hugs and kisses every time she sees her. And so far, no squishing too hard that Kay hasn't tolerated...knock on wood! I think we're off to a good start with these two sisters!



No comments:
Post a Comment