Friday, January 3, 2014

Personal Training

Wow, today I was kinda lazy. But can you blame me? It was my last day of freedom! Next Monday I have to go back to work and I'm kinda dreading it. So much so that I started looking for another job today. Crazy I know. I like my job ( I currently am an aide to an occupational therapist; working with kids in the alpine school district.) but I'm just kinda tired of commuting to alpine. And I think that I'm kinda tired of working with the kids--as mean as that sounds. 
When I told Chris yah I was looking at other jobs he said I should just stick to the job I'm at and that I should get a hobby that I like that could possibly turn into a job. Like...personal training. And the more I think about it the more I do think it would be fun to actually work in an area that I know a lot about. But at the same time building up a clientele, especially in Utah county, isn't as easy. 
I am going to start training my friend Brittany. I'm doing it for free mostly because I want to make sure it's something I am good at and feel like I can market myself in. It will be a good opportunity to learn and research more as well. 
My other thought with this today was: how do you keep a good perspective when you're a PT? Meaning how does someone not get all caught up in the "I need to be skinny to be beautiful" mindset? And even more...help your clients have a good self esteem that's not based on their looks (cuz no matter how much you work out not everyone can look like a supermodel). 
I think a lot of it will have to come down to making sure that I feel strongly about self image. And I think that the more I complement my clients--more on effort than looks--the better that perspective will shine through and hopefully pass on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment