Friday, January 24, 2014

The Johnson's

Tonight we had a great time with a couple in our ward. We invited Kathryn and Merrick Johnson over for games. And it was a blast! They are a very smart couple. She is doing her masters in accounting and he is major is actuarial science. She is one of the sisters that I first met when we moved into the ward. And we connected really well! We had a game night at their place a while back and I've been wanting to get together with them again. 
So anyway, we played a dice game (accumulation) then we played a card game called dominion. Which seemed like a really difficult game at first, with a lot of strategy involved, but I think I caught on pretty well!
After games we just chatted for a while about jobs and exercise and babies and who knows what else. They are headed to Texas in the summer bc Merrick got a good job there. And Kathryn is already setting up a way to transfer within her company to work in tx. A little part of me is jealous cuz I wish we were moving on like that. But I have to remind myself that I'll probably miss Provo when I'm gone so I'd better take advantage of it while I still can. Provo bucket list here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment