It's crazy to think that in just a few more weeks were going to have a baby in the house! Holy moly what a change that will be.
I think the thought of those changes reflected in my emotions today. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the changes that are already taking place. Not to mention, that being at home more and being so tired, I feel quite unproductive some days. Luckily, I have an awesome husband who tells me how wonderful I am and recognizes the few things I DO get done! I mean, I even have a hard time making it up the hill on out way to church! Haha
Speaking of church, I had a great lesson in primary yesterday. I teach the older girls, which usually end up being just Ellie (6) and her sister Gracie (7). We talked about reverence and although my lessons aren't usually a disaster, this one I just felt especially good about. And I think what took away from it was not even the content, but the way in which I taught it. I realized that every child needs encouragement and recognition. When they are listened to and recognized they respond and pay attention 10x better!
I came home and told my experience to Chris and he mentioned that EVERYONE needs that recognition, not just children! (And it made me think about the times he's been frustrated with me because I wasn't letting him finish a story or thought before I started talking--apparently I need to apply my lesson to all ppl in my life!)
No comments:
Post a Comment