8/18/14
Tonight's FHE lesson was on setting goals. Chris gave the lesson while I tried to keep Mae calm. She's been real fussy today and I wonder if she's sick. Chris was feeling queesy a few days ago and I felt the same way yesterday. Hopefully mama's milk will help prevent Mae from getting it, but who knows!
Anyway, so he talked about setting goals, and I have to be honest. I felt kinda discouraged. I used to be really good at goal setting (and pretty good at reaching those goals). But then I got married and got a little lazy. And then I had a baby and no longer am I lazy...I just don't have control over my schedule. I LOVE my little Mae and I wouldn't trade her for anything, but it has been a really hard adjustment having someone that relies so heavily upon me. I want to keep her happy and some days that is quite the task. So instead of spending time on doing my hair or taking a shower or even worse, reading the scriptures, I tend to her and try to make her happy.
I know I'll learn eventually, because I'm going to HAVE to! There's no way I can keep this up for 18 more years (obviously she'll become more independent, but then we'll have more kids too...). I have got to find a way to make time for other things that are important as well. So even though my stomach churned a little to hear that Chris wanted to talk about goals, it was good for me. It was good for me to realize that I'm not as debilitated as I think I am. I don't have to be able to do ALL that I used to, but I can start with a few little things.
We made some goals for us as a couple:
1. Wash your dishes right after a meal (for now at least one meal a day)
2. Arrange for a date a week with a babysitter to watch Mae
3. Read scriptures before 9:30pm and get to bed by 10:30pm (this one is a little tough depending on when Mae falls asleep)
Here are some of my personal goals:
1. Read 20 minutes from the scriptures each day
2. Personal prayer morning and night
3. Clean/tidy one area of the house each day
I know that if we don't make goals than we won't progress. I know that progression is an essential part of our journey here on Earth and I hope that by doing at least these little things this month I might be able to do a little bit more the next and so on...
No comments:
Post a Comment