Friday, August 15, 2014

Kennard clan

8/15/14

Well it's been a week full of family stuff! 
Last Saturday we had my while side if the family here so we went up AF canyon and had family pics taken. Chris and Mae and I even got our own few shots! I'm excited to see how they turn out!

Then Monday through Wednesday was the RKKennard reunion up at Timpanooeke. It was our first time camping with little Mae and I think it went pretty well! The first night was a little rough for me just because I was so worried about soffocating her that I couldn't sleep much. She loved the whole thing though! Sleep well through the night and was hardly fussy during the day. Probably bc there were so many people to hold her. (Except the grimy kids...I'm not usually anal about who touches the baby, but kids who've been camping are super dirty and I made sure they steered clear of her.) 

The reunion was really fun and made me really want to keep my family relationships alive. One night we sang songs around the campfire. And although some are a little cheesy most really brought back good memories. And made me think of the memories we were making. How Papa Kim led in all the songs and how much the kids loved the Johnny verbeck song that they made up their own verse! It's weird to think that some day my kids will remember papa Kim like I remember grpa Kennard. And I hope to give them plenty of opportunities to get to know their grandparents while they are still here. 
Mae and Daddy camping!
Mae and mama camping for first time ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment