Tonight I had the opportunity to go up to Salt Lake to the women's conference. I went with some of the women of our ward here in Wymount. And even though I struggled a little at the first of the meeting it ended up being a very influential meeting.
The main things that impressed me from this meeting were:
1) the importance of keeping our covenants. I feel like a lot of the talks were based off of this idea of honoring our and the choices we make and how we act. Those things need to reflect the sacred covenants we've made with God.
2) Temples. There's been a lot of talk about temples recently. With the rededication of the Ogden temple last week I have felt very grateful for the opportunity to have a temple so close. And what a blessing to be able to participate in all those sacred ordinances.
3)pretty much all of President Uchtdorf's talk. I especially liked his analogy of the blessings of Heavenly Father, they are the rain. And the rain is always coming down, it just that sometimes we put up an umbrella or our sins/idolness that stop those blessings from fully hitting us ;)
I'm so grateful for living prophets and the opportunity we have to listen to them at least 2 times a year old!

No comments:
Post a Comment