Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our Little Blessing

1/8/15

I've been thinking for a while about writing about our little baby Mae. Becoming a mom has been a rough road so maybe that's why these past few days have felt like bliss :)
I just feel so grateful and blessed. Mae has slept through the night the past few days (like 8pm to 7am...I used to think that "sleeping through the night" was if she slept until 4 or 5 am). And the craziest part is that she has teeth popping out too!! Everyone always said to me that it was the worst when they were teething, but it's like 10x better! And I am reveling in every minute of it! 
And what makes me even happier is just how adorable she is! She's chunky and happy (most of the time). She's super giggly and loves her mommy and daddy. It doesn't matter how long either of us have been gone or even if we are just out of sight, when she sees me and that smile shines on her face and those little cheeks scrunch up hiding her blue eyes....ah it just makes my heart melt!
Today I took her on a walk up to rock canyon in the carrier that straps on my front. And at one point she got a little fussy, but as I held her head closer to me and made a shh sound with the beat of my steps she just calmed right down. It was like she was snuggling up to me, listening to the beat of my heart. Awake, but just calm and content. 
I give little Mae a bath every other night and she just loves splashing in the water! I put her on her back and she kicks and kicks like she's gonna swim away. It's so cute! 
Sometimes when she's tired she gets a little fussy and if I'm holding her she'll reach out to me and try and grab my head and pull it in to her. It's like she wants to eat my face! (And I guess it's only fair since I want to eat her chubby cheeks too!)
Changing her is obviously not my favorite part. She loves having her diaper changed, but dispises her clothes being changed. I'm just glad I have the consolation prize and the satisfaction of squeezing those adorably chubby thighs!!
She loves playing with the rattles grandma candy gave her and the spinning ball on her bumbo chair. And lately she's really gotten into crawling/scooting herself backwards. Frustrating for her cuz she just keeps getting further and further away from her toys. :)

I used to really struggle getting her to sleep. It would take me at least 30 min and then when I would try and put her down I had to be SO careful or she would wake up and all was lost. NOW all I have to do is swaddle her, lay her down and put the binky in. I stay for a bit to make sure the binky stays and to caress her soft little cheeks, but that's about it! She puts herself to sleep! 
I don't know how this parenting stuff always goes. And I figure it's probably gonna get harder, but I rejoice in the progress, the happiness, the pure joy and satisfaction that I see and feel when I'm around this angel baby. 
I'm so very thankful that Heavenly Father sent her to me. I'm eternally grateful for this sweet spirit that I get to nourish and love and watch grow and develop. It is amazing how the great amout of love you have can somehow become greater with time. 
I think I now have a small glimpse at the love that my parents have for me and even more so the love my Heavenly Father has for me. 
How very blessed I am! 





No comments:

Post a Comment