Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Visit from a Friend

2/18/15

Today I got a surprise visit from my good friend and old roommate Annie Bennion!!! And it was so great to talk to her! So much has happened in her life and talking to her and catching up just brought back good memories of when we were roommates and many of us would stay up late just chatting. 

She is leaving on Monday to teach English in China! She'll be there for four months and I'm super excited for her! She also updated me on her dating life and apparently she has been going out a lot with a guy she had dated for just a short time about five years ago. Alex Benedict. She is actually really liking him and she feels like it's going really well. What bad timing!

I won't go into detail about all that we talked about, but I'll just say that friends like her don't come around all the time! I had a dream last night about some old friends from jr high. I woke up thinking, "I wonder what's happened with them?" And ended up trying to find them on Facebook. And after Annie came over today I thought even more about those friends I've made over the years and how I really need to be better at keeping track of them! Especially the really good ones (jr high ones?...not so good)

I also had a moment while talking to Annie that made me realize that conversations like these are powerful! I told her a few things that I've recently been thinking and I think it might have helped her in her current situation. What happens in our lives happens for a reason. And the lessons we learn sometimes aren't just for ourselves, but are given to us so that we can share them with others. 






No comments:

Post a Comment