2/19/15
Today was a bit of a rough day with Mae. I love the little chunky monkey to death, but days like these are just so hard! She wouldn't really go down for a nap and when she did it was short and she still seemed cranky afterwards. I'm thinking that maybe she is teething again??? So far she has her two front bottom teeth (which is just the most adorable thing when she smiles) and they have been in for a while, so maybe she's getting more. I don't know.
It sure was fun when daddy got home though! He is so good with her and it's such a huge relief to have someone else hold her and try to console her for a little while. He even got her laughing at one point. He had put her in a tupperware box I had cleaned out and was popping his head up and playing peak a boo. It was so cute! She would be startled at first by him appearing, but then would just giggle. Ah....even on these hard days, I just love it when she giggles.
I also got the opportunity to talk to Mary (Forste, now Titmus) my old roommate and mission companion. It has been almost a year since we talked! So it was so great to catch up and see how she's doing. She's in PA school while her husband works as a construction manager. They just got a dog so that he has some company while she's away on her rotations. She sounded like she was doing really good--and is really busy! (she's always loved being busy) It was so nice to hear from her again, but a little bitter sweet because we realized that we probably won't see eachother again for a long time. :( She won't be coming back to Utah before we leave...and then it's probably gonna be hit and miss with when we both happen to come back. But hopefully we can still keep in contact and chat a little more than just once a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment