Today I went to our stake women's conference. We had chad Lewis and his wife Michelle come talk for our first meeting. They talked a lot on the small and simple things that will make our families strong. The thing that most impressed me was the emotion behind Chads talk as he declared that we are all Liahonas to our children. We need to make sure that we are spiritually strong so that we can support and uplift and encourage our husbands and our children.
We had two other sessions. For the first hour we could choose from four different classes. For some reason I really felt like I should go to the class on infertility. Mostly because I have felt like I need to better understand that challenge that others go through. And it was very humbling. I realized that I need to be better at not judging others. Sometimes I have looked at couples without kids and thought, they must just want more money. Both of them are working and so it seems that careers are more important than family. Our speaker said that she felt like people judged her like that. And even though I've never said anything along those lines I have thought it. So I need to be better. I need to have a more open mind and not assume things. Her talk also opened my mind to those to struggle with having MORE kids. They have some but they feel they are supposed to have more but don't succeed in doing so. Even my mom struggled with this! She had several miscarriages! I'm sure those times were hard and she might have even thought at the time that maybe she wouldn't have more children.
It also made me much more grateful for the baby I have. It really was not hard for us to conceive and although motherhood is hard, I know that it is my divine purpose and it comes with so many wonderful blessings. I hope I can always portray that gratitude I have for the little life that God has given me the opportunity to teach and raise. So many women are aching to have that opportunity! Don't make it any harder for them! (Of course the speaker focused on how she learned to not be offended and to seek help and other things. I just had these thoughts on my own)
The last session was on food storage. And even though I usually go away from food storage talks a little overwhelmed. This one was a bit better. She talked about how we can learn to actually USE our food storage so that we rotate it. And so that we actually know some good recipes for it and will actually eat it if we are in an emergency.
All in all it was really quite a fun conference!
No comments:
Post a Comment