Sunday, May 17, 2015

Graduation and family

4/26/15

Whew! What a crazy past couple of weeks!! We had Chris's sister here last week for about four days. We were able to do a few fun things but unfortunately Mae had a bad ear infection and then I got sick. So we probably weren't the funnest people to be around unsure emoticon (and Chris was doing finals so he was MIA...) Luckily she's an awesome girl and was just happy to be here and was super helpful with dishes and dinners 
This week was the BIG DAY!!! Chris graduated with his bachelors in Information Technology. Wahoo!! It seemed so surreal and felt kinda weird being at a graduation while being married and having a baby. Crazy to think that it was just 3 years ago that I graduated and none of these amazing things were part of my life! So grateful for my little family smile emoticon
Speaking of families...we had Chris's parents and Dustin and Chantelle stay from Friday to today. It was fun, but I'll admit a little stressful. I'm not exactly confident in cooking and not used to making that much food!! But thankfully nobody starved and it went pretty well. ðŸ˜œ some day I'll learn to be a good hostess and maybe even have a little more space to accommodate people.
Thursday was commencement and my biggest take away was just a reminder of the huge blessing I had to attend BYU and get a college education while also learning more about my Savior (and not keeping them separate!) thanks Crystal and Mom for coming and keeping me company!!
Friday was the convocation. It was fun to have a little smaller convocation. I remember mine was HUGE and the speakers could barely say anything bc of the amount of graduates that needed to walk! At this one, one of Chris's friends of his capstone project sang a gorgeous arrangement of a poor way faring man. I wish I had recorded it!! We got some great pics of the handsome graduate and sure felt loved with all those that came to support him.
We went to dinner at Tucanos afterwards. It was delicious!! I was a little disappointed that we got put in a tent outside and tried to convince the waiter to give us a discount lol. He didn't exactly have any power over anything like that. At least I tried!
Saturday, we went to the Payson temple open house with Chris's family. It was soooo gorgeous!!! I will definitly want to go through it a few more times. The symbolism and designs are inspiring and it reaffirmed to me the sacred beauty of these temples of God. 


That night we invited David McCleve and his girlfriend (Jocie) over for games. We had a full house!!
We are all finally starting to feel better (after both Chris and I lost most of our voices for a while) and we're excited to get back on a schedule (no more missed naps!) and start really digging into the housing market and plans for AZ!!




No comments:

Post a Comment