8/23/15
So we are FINALLY and OFFICIALLY in our new house!!! Woo hoo! We had to get our new floor in before we could have them deliver and install the fridge and of course we couldn't live in a house without a fridge...so yeah...a month after closing, we are finally living in our house!
The floor was kinda hard to install...we had ordered it online from Home Depot and a ton of reviews said that it was really hard to install, but we had confidence we could do it! After putting down a row, taking it back up, putting down another row and then adding onto it and adjusting it, I finally got a good system going and although it's not perfect, it's pretty darn close! All we are missing now is the baseboards (which Steve Bradford is going to help Chris install on Saturday--what a great guy!)
After three days of installing flooring we finally finished it and then I started on the boxes. Ugh...how does it seem like so much more when you unpack it? At first we weren't sure if we were going to fit it all bc there's not a lot of storage space in the house, but it's fit a lot better than we thought it would! And I think we only have 1 more box to go through and then it's off to goodwill with our dejunking (my mom would be so proud)
The floor was kinda hard to install...we had ordered it online from Home Depot and a ton of reviews said that it was really hard to install, but we had confidence we could do it! After putting down a row, taking it back up, putting down another row and then adding onto it and adjusting it, I finally got a good system going and although it's not perfect, it's pretty darn close! All we are missing now is the baseboards (which Steve Bradford is going to help Chris install on Saturday--what a great guy!)
After three days of installing flooring we finally finished it and then I started on the boxes. Ugh...how does it seem like so much more when you unpack it? At first we weren't sure if we were going to fit it all bc there's not a lot of storage space in the house, but it's fit a lot better than we thought it would! And I think we only have 1 more box to go through and then it's off to goodwill with our dejunking (my mom would be so proud)
Mae is doing really well too. Adjusting still to the new house and to a regular schedule. We've traveled and been at a lot of places this Summer so it's nice to finally be settled so we can start some patterns in our lives. She has started to mimic us a little. She says, "yes" and "wow" and shakes her head whenever I bob mine back and forth to music (and sometimes she just shakes it randomly and looks at us for a reaction lol). She's such a cutie and we still can't believe how big she's getting! No steps on her own yet, but I feel like it'll be soon!
Chris is doing well at work. He finally finished his "training" and is starting on some of his actual projects. He is mostly doing some programming for some of the sites for the European brands GM makes. So far it's been a great company to work for and we're hoping he can continue learning and growing in the company smile emoticon
This Sunday we went to Alissa and Steve's for dinner. It's kinda become a regular thing and we really enjoy spending time and getting to know them better. They have been so good to us!
We went to our ward for the second time and got to go in and chat with the Bishop. He was really nice (as is the whole ward for that matter...) and just wanted to get to know us. Although I'm sure callings will be coming shortly for both of us (seeing as he asked us if we are ready to work :)) I'm excited to get involved, though. I need to make some friends and get to know my neighbors as well as find things to get us out of the house! The summer is hard cuz it's so hot you can't really just go play at the park or go on walks in the middle of the day. But I think we'll find stuff real soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment