Thursday, September 10, 2015

A recap of 8 months of prego

5/25/14
Today we took the opportunity to go visit the hospital where I'm going to deliver. It's called Orem Community Hospital and it's quite small --which I like bc it makes it a little less intimidating. Although I still did get some butterflies just by seeing the rooms it was still good to get a feel for the place so it's not so foreign once I go into labor. 
But beyond seeing the hospital I wanted  to tell about a few other things I've experienced this pregnancy. So here goes...

To be honest, as much as I still do have complaints, my pregnancy really hasn't been too bad. My first trimester I was hardly sick at all. It was cold/flu season and like usual I caught a bit of something to give me the aweful sinus pressure and headaches that I get every year.  I think I threw up only once! And again, I think it was more related to the time of year than to the pregnancy. Although I do think I caught things a little easier than I usually do...what with the depressed immune system and all. 
Second trimester I did feel like I had more energy, like they say. I started doing prenatal yoga a lot more and would go on little walks up and around the temple with my friend Katie Ellingson. The weather started getting nicer so it was easier to get out and about. 
I only got sick once, but it was probably the worst vomiting I'd ever had. It kept me up all through the night and I couldn't keep anything down. I ended up only drinking fluids and eating a few crackers and a little soup for the whole day. Pretty crappy. 
Periodically throughout the pregnancy I've had aches and pains. Mostly in my hips and lower back. By now in my third trimester I have quite the hard time getting up in the morning. Sometimes it feels like I've run a marathon in my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment