Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Busy Old Lady Bees

9/29/15

Lately I've been looking into a company called Healthways. They offer a program called SilverSneakers for those over 65 and for some reason, the thought of helping the elderly with fitness has really sounded intriguing to me recently. I'm not sure if it is actually what I'd like to invest my time in, but I think it's worth looking into. 
I've also been trying to come up with something that Mae and I can do out of the house each day. Something that helps her get her wiggles out and helps me to socialize and just be somewhere else besides in the house. So today we went to a thing called "Busy Bees."  Basically it's a 4 hour block every Tuesday where sisters in the stake gather to put together items for charity. I figured it was going to be mostly elderly or stay at home moms and I was right! For a little while I think I was the only one under 60 :) But ya know, it reminded me again how much I love being around the elderly (especially happy selfless ones like these!) and maybe teaching a fitness class would really be right up my alley! 
We just really enjoyed our time there and I think we'll make it a weekly occurrence. (I met Sandy Sullivan, Barbara Lavin and Jeri Wade from my ward. Anna, Janelle, Janette, and Cici were from other wards)

After Busy Bees, Mae and I went to lunch with Chris to a place called Forefathers. I love getting Daddy out of work to see us for a bit! 
Then we went to Ikea where poor little Mae had to endure all of my indecisive-ness. :) at least we ended up with some cute stuff for the bathroom and lights for the kitchen cabinet that I think will work out really well! 






No comments:

Post a Comment