What a busy day! In the morning Mae and I drive up to Scottsdale to celebrate Mina Willis' birthday (my cousin Missy and Geoff's daughter). It was at this really cool train park and we all got to ride on a small train and carousel.
It was fun too because Cynthia and Elisa both showed up as well. It was fun to catch up with them! Cynthia has 4 kids and lives in Maricopa. Elisa has 3 kids and just got a job as a speech pathologist. She's had a rough life with divorce and being a single mom, but she seems to be positive it's on the up and up! (She's also not active in the church, but we didn't really talk about that--although it would definitely make her life even BETTER ;))
Chris wasn't able to come because he was helping put up fixtures to hold lights on the trees at the Mesa temple. It took them 6 hours!!
Then after getting home and cleaning a and making dinner, I went to our church building for women's conference. Going by myself was rough! I've always gone with friends or family. I almost started crying when I thought of the girls night we'd always have tonight :(.
But it was a great conference and I had some good take-aways.
1) Seek validation from HF not from Facebook or others. Ask God, are you pleased with who I am and what I'm doing?
2) Our trials are a small price to pay for the eternal reward God has for us
3) In every interaction with others, concentrate on their needs/wants
4) Friends are Friends regardless of size, shape or age
5) Choose to have faith and be happy and positive
Looking forward to conference next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment