Friday, September 25, 2015

Missionary work

9/25/15

Tonight Chris and I went out to dinner. We finally got a babysitter from the ward! Tatum Shumway, a 12 year old girl watched Mae while we went to eat and then sat in on a missionary lesson with our neighbors! I realized as I drove her from her house that it's been a while since I've tried to chat with a 12 year old. I'm a little rusty! But she was also kinda quiet so it made it hard. 

The lesson with our neighbors was great! I had talked to the elders on Sunday because I had heard they were teaching someone on our street. Come to find out, they actually live RIGHT NEXT DOOR! They are the Gowers and seem like a super awesome family. I've actually chatted a little with the wife, Holly, in passing. They've got two boys (twins that are 10) and a little girl (probably about 5). I hope we can become good friends with them!
They've been taking lessons from the missionaries for a while now, but just haven't made it to church. Their excuses do make sense, but they could make it if they really wanted to. The dad, Tom, is a funny and friendly guy. He is a less active member and I think if he made up his mind he could lead this family very well back to the gospel. But for some reason he's kinda stalling. We will be going over again on Tuesday. It's fun being a part of this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment