Sunday, September 13, 2015

Eventful Sunday

9/13/15
It was a great day today! In the morning Chris and I really tried to focus on making the day special. We listen to church music and also watched music and the spoken word. It was very inspiring--talking about finding more joy when we are in the service of others. It's so true and that's what I've been missing! I need to look for more opportunities to serve. 
Speaking of which...the bishop gave us callings today. He called Chris to be the Eagle Advisor for boys who want to earn their eagle. He'll also be helping in the teachers quorem and in the YM in general. 
I was called to be a gospel doctrine teacher :0. I'm nervous and excited for it. I've been a teacher before, but not in a ward with such diversity! And not in the chapel. (There are only two Sunday school classes and the other is gospel principles so most everyone goes to gospel doctrine.) I'm excited to learn more about the New Testament and develop myself as a teacher. 

Tonight we went over to the Bradfords for dinner. We made roast and potatoes and they made a salad and dessert. I feel like we are becoming much better friends/more comfortable with each other. And I think Mae is even getting more friendly with the girls (Cameron, Jolie and Kira). 

I've been feeling like I need to do more intellectually. So I'm hoping to start reading a book a month and maybe taking a training class with SilverSneakers--an exercise program for elderly. I want to be an awesome mom, but I also don't want to lose all the smarts I worked so hard for in college!





No comments:

Post a Comment