Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Routine

1/20/16

I don't want to write a ton today. Nor do I want to detail out every minute of my day. Instead, I hope to just capture a sweet moment I had today with Maelynn. A moment that I thought to myself, "I love this and wish time could just stop right here."
Recently, we've been really good at doing a bedtime routine with Mae. Chris's varies a little from mine, but generally it is the same. Tonight, after chasing her around and trying to get her diaper on her while she's standing (a recent trick I'm still perfecting) and then getting her jammies on I asked, "where is your binky?" I've noticed that there are many words and even phrases that she's starting to understand more. She can repeat some words back (like "applesauce" --cutest thing ever). So it hasn't been til recently I've noticed her responding to my questions even without gestures. 
So she knew what I meant and we went on the search. After finding it I said, "okay now let's find your blankie." Back into the room we went and when we found it she pointed to the rocking chair. We'd already had our story time and she knew what was next. 
I love rocking my baby to sleep and singing to her. What's even better is when she loves it too. She snuggled up to me and her blanket and just listened while I held her tight and sang primary songs that remind me of the great gift that she is. What a merciful Father in Heaven God is, to grant me this time with this little one; to be able to experience a small taste of the great love He has for all of us. 
It might be because of a song I heard recently called, "It won't be like this for long."  A country song, of course, that made me tear up and remember that some day these little moments will be gone. That some day she'll be grown and I won't be able to snuggle her little body next to mine. 
Moments like these need to be recorded. Moments like these you never want to forget or let go of. 
And so for now I'm hanging on and loving every sweet moment I get with this little angel baby. 
Cuz it won't be like this for long. ;) 

A photo from earlier this week when she tried out finger pudding paint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment