Okay so I'm a little late on the "love day" thing, but tonight I just finished my gift to Chris--cinnamon rolls! It was a rough road too. I had tried to make them on Sunday, but the dough just wouldn't rise. Then yesterday I was really suffering with some bad allergies. So finally today I got to it and took the time to make sure they'd rise and everything! Only thing was that the frosting was green...haha. I made powdered sugar in our blender a few months ago and wasn't about to let it go to waste! Haha Chris wasn't sure if these rolls were good for him. I assured him that they weren't. Cuz really...
Besides my awful planning...our love day was simple but great. Since it was on Sunday we celebrated on Saturday and went to the temple and then out to dinner. The session was awesome and we had a really good discussion about it in the celestial room. Then we went to a new Mexucan restaurant nearby and really liked it! It was funny that when we asked the cashier to ring us up for two Sangrias he says, "you'll probably want the non-alcoholic since you're Mormon. Huh? He was a recent RM and I guess our Sunday dress (and Chris's garment lines through his shirt) were a dead give away.
Chris got me some beautiful tulips in the mail and wrote me a lovely Valentine that said I was more than he had ever hoped for in a wife. Aww :)
Sunday we also had a great time chatting with Chris's family. We set up a video chat so that David and Jocie could announce their pregnancy! I found out a few weeks ago when she texted me one day and asked when my due date was. I was pretty sure she wouldn't ask such a random question without a reason behind it, so I got it out of her. It's been fun being the only ones to know even though I've almost slipped twice. But now it doesn't matter! They announced it by wearing tshirts with XY and XX. And Jocies also had a little X? on her tummy. It was fun to see everyone's reaction. :) I think Maria caught on the quickest.
The chat lasted almost 5 hours--or at least that's how long we were on. It was fun catching up with everyone though.
Just a few updates about Mae. Today I was throwing her on to the bean bag and saying, "one, two, three!" And she started repeating the two and three. So cute! She's saying so many words now! They're not perfect, but you can still tell what they are. I think my favorite is still applesauce. She says it more like Apa-saw. But she also says "where'd it go?" and "what's that" -- to almost every object in every book, mind you. But right now it's still cute and I'm glad she's catching on to phrases and what they mean. I love this cute phase and am cherishing the wonderful moments I have with this little girl. Both Chris and I agree that she's just a naturally happy girl. Obviously she has her moments, but since day 3 she's been smiling and really brings such a great light and life into our lives. I hope she always stays this cheerful!
Other words she's saying:
Water (that was a new one today)
Dog
Baby
Mom, dad (pointing at us and us in pictures)
Teeth
Nose
Snow (when she wants to read snow queen)
Binky (sounds like ME...but still)
Jesus (see-see, and recognizes Him in pictures)
She folds her arms for prayers and squints her eyes, but is usually eating before we say amen
She loves books and will sit down anywhere with one and "read it to herself"
And I'm sure thats just scratching the surface. I just wish I could remember it all forever! Such a cute and fun stage!


No comments:
Post a Comment